How does the Treetracker work?
Greenstand’s Treetracker app allows for tree growers anywhere in the world to track & map the trees they care for using their own mobile device. Individuals and organizations can trade or sell their Impact Tokens to a global market. Planting organizations can showcase their environmental impacts to donors and grantees on our web map at Treetracker.org. The web maps may be customized with logos & with integration of pre-existing data, for those interested in more in-depth tracking.
Who can use the Treetracker?
- Individuals planting and growing trees who want to track and trade their impacts
- Planting organizations and initiatives who want to maximize their investments
How can I start tracking trees with Greenstand?
- At this time Greenstand is not able to accept new Treetrackers. Any organization is welcome to download the Treetracker app & begin tracking trees viewed at map.treetracker.org, but we will not be offering direct project support at this time. Instead, we are taking time to strategically focus on advancing our tech stack and providing our existing projects with the best possible experience. If you are interested in using the Treetracker, please fill out the New Treetracker Project Application and we will consider your project during our next onboarding period, anticipated for August 2021.
What are the mobile specifications needed to run the Treetracker?
- The mobile phone needs to be running Android lollipop (5.0+) or higher and needs GPS built-in. Most modern phones will have this ability.
Can I purchase trees from Greenstand?
- Greenstand works to remain non-competitive in the tree planting space as the Treetracker app could be applied to nearly any reforestation project in the world. Our team can help you connect to projects in need of support. Reach out to email@example.com to learn more.
What is the Impact Wallet?
The Impact Wallet is a digital container where Impact Tokens can be stored, accessed and traded. Each wallet has one owner that can view their impacts on their own Wallet Map.
Does my phone have good enough GPS accuracy to track trees?
- The app will not allow you to take a photograph of a tree until the accuracy is within 10 meters. The Treetracker app has been designed to get the best accuracy, even in areas with limited cellular service. As long as your phone has a functioning GPS, the calculated location will be enough to track and locate your trees. Our development team is developing towards the L5 GPS standard available on some phones, which will revolutionize the precision of GPS captures on mobile phones.
How does a planter transfer trees to my wallet?
Once a planter enters the name of the planting organization they represent during the registration process, Greenstand can identify the link between the individual Treetracker and the planting organization. From there, we can automate the transfer of Impact Tokens into the organization’s Impact Wallet.
How do I pay my planters?
Currently, Greenstand can provide you with the software to view and organize your geotagged tree photographs by many attributes including by tree planter. You determine how you will pay your planters. Depending on your global location, the Greenstand team can help your project identify the best mobile money options available.
Do you offer customized web maps?
Yes! Map customizations can include additional GIS layers and your organizational logo. Pricing is determined on a case-by-case basis. Contact [appropriate email address?] for more information.
How is Treetracker different from other platforms?
At this time, the Treetracker is the only platform that combines tracking, verification, mapping, and planter payments in a single open-source project.
Feel free to fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.