Greenstand is building a scalable open source tree-tracking software using mobile technology that answers who (individual or organization) has planted what specific tree where, and how long that tree survives for. The system is desiggned to attach information to a digital "proof of work" creating a chain of custody allowing to attach information on monetary transactions and other added values to the initial impact token.
We build custom-designed mobile and cloud-based applications to harvest tree growth data and support planters in the initial tagging and tracking of large numbers of trees. The system is streamlined to make it extremely simple for foresters/growers to take more than a thousand geo-tagged images of trees in one day. The data is compressed in the mobile application and sent to a specifically designed cloud platform where it is processed, analyzed for validity, stored and displayed.
Each tree is evaluated using a custom administration panel and each tree can then be turned into a digital token that is linked to an e-Wallet which is tied to web links that allow individual investors to monitor, own, trade and share their ecological and social impact that they sponsored. Using this framework, organizations and individual users are able to verify their trees and advertise their impact. This lays a framework for the long-term evaluation of each individual tree as an environmental asset.
Impact Token = verified tree capture with associated attributes placed in our wallet system.
Current System Capabilities
- Tree tracking and data collection
- Mapping with Android devices
- Tree planting verification
- Accurately tracking trees survival rates over time
- Image quality analysis on the phone itself (for blur detection, etc.)
- Whitelabel deployments
- Reforestation employment
- Micropayments for tree planting
- Payments based on tree survival rates
- Direct planter payments
- Tree planting employment in areas of extreme poverty
- Tree planting data and verification
- Basic quality assurance
- Verified planting audits
- Species tagging
- Initial datasets for ongoing survival measurements via satellite
- Provide a collection framework for all sizes of tree planting projects
- Tree planting visualization
- Custom tree maps embedded on your website
- Donor interaction via digital forests links and token wallets
- Linking donations to individual trees or groups of trees
- Creating tokens and assigning them to the wallets
- Linking tree planting operations of smallholder planters to markets via technology
- API for trading the tokens (wallet transfer calls from external platforms)